WHY WE WALK
Whether you are walking in honor of your pet, in memory of a beloved four-legged friend, or to support the animals, every dollar you raise makes a difference! Plus - our Walk for the Animals is so much fun! The Humane Society of Greater Miami is a not-for-profit, private charitable animal welfare organization supported solely by donations, private grants and fundraising events like the Walk for the Animals. We rely on our local community for financial support.
DID YOU KNOW...
- Every animal under our care is free from the threat of euthanasia for time, space and treatable medical issues
- Every animal at our facility is spayed or neutered, vaccinated and microchipped
- All animals are on monthly heartworm and flea/tick prevention
- We house an average of 400 animals on a daily basis in our shelter and through our foster care program
- Every adoption helps two animals - the “adoptee” and the space provided for us to save another animal
- We run two low cost clinics and perform more that 13,000 sterilization surgeries a year Our Humane Education staff visits and engages more than 13,000 people a year
- In 2018 we found loving homes for more than 3,300 wonderful dogs and cats
WHERE DOES YOUR DONATION GO?
All the money raised for the Walk for the Animals, helps the Humane Society of Greater Miami provide care for the homeless and abandoned animals brought to our shelter. With your donations, we provide them with food, shelter, medical attention and most importantly they need us to find them a forever home.
HELP US HELP THEM.
Although our Walk for the Animals is for doggies to attend, proceeds from the walk help ALL our animals in our care! Kitties included!